Sunday, October 26, 2014

Meet Nosey Rosie

Meet Nosey Rosie.  You don't want her sticking her big nose in your business.

Rosie was fun to make, and super easy to do.

I used wooden dowel rods to hold the pumpkins together.  I staked the bottom pumpkin into the dirt of the old kettle where flowers were done blooming.  I then used the dowel and poked a hold in the bottom of the "head" pumpkin so I could slide it on once it was in place.  I then staked the middle pumpkin to the bottom pumpkin making sure the dowel remained exposed on top so I could slide her head onto it.

I added a strip of burlap for a scarf and an old cowboy hat I had bought at a yard sale.  I used two long nails with a head to attach the hat so it wouldn't blow away.

We have been enjoying Rosie for several weeks and she is still looking good.

1 comment:

TheCrankyCrow said...

I love Rosey.... She's a hoot! Trying to enjoy my fall and Halloween decor vicariously this year and everything here is torn up...inside and out! Enjoy what is left of the weekend Myra.... Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin