Monday, May 9, 2011

Mothers Day, we're lacking curb appeal, and new found object art sculpture installation

I hope everyone enjoyed Mother's Day.  Today is a BEAUTIFUL day in Central Ohio. I am way behind in my spring yard and garden chores due to the excessive rain we've been having the last few weeks. 
I was very blessed on Mother's Day to enjoy the company of most of my children and grandchildren.

Here are a few pics for your enjoyment.
Can you smell the lilacs?  They sure smell good...


We patched the roof of the cornzebo with rubber roofing tape.
I'm glad we positioned the hole to the back of the house.

Since we placed the cornzebo in an existing flower bed, I still
needed to remove the brick edging.

We got the roof cap back up, not exactly perfect, but good for now..


My iris are starting to bloom.











My hubby and son-in-law Joe making me a found object
or scrap metal sculpture for my garden for Mother's Day.

My New Longhorn

This is his new home (at least for now) Any suggestions for names?

Rachel made me this cute wallhanging for Mother's Day

My grandkids gave me the gift of their laughter

My daughter Angie made this crow

Kimberly got me some plants and floor tile for my bathroom

Since today was nice, and I have a lot of vacation days
to use, I stayed home today and worked in my yard.  Our
front yard has zero curb appeal.  We have 30' tall white pines
that hide the view except from this angle.  It has looked
like an abandoned house for far too long.  Today I
bought some yellow twig dogwood and planted around
the front.  I need it to be zero to minimal maintenance
and look better.  So, once small step towards curb appeal
on an extreme budget.

You just never know what treasures you'll find when digging
around an old house.  I found these shards of old crocks.


3 comments:

Lil Raggedy Angie said...

O I so WISH I could smell the lilacs!!!:0( can't even smell the vicks on my tissues , thats bad ! I think you should call the LONGHORN scrappy the steer I dunno , must we really name it? lol Keep diggin maybe you find some full crocks or some more big spear heads! Well back to bed I go !Enjoy love ya

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Ooh, those blooming Lilac bushes, their scent is breathtakingly heady.
Love the yard art, imagination everywhere!
~Jo

Rachel said...

The yard pics are beautiful! I took pics of my lilac & iris today too! (I'm sooo my mother's daughter! lol) I think they front of the house is looking good too! The kids had a blast digging & playin yesterday!