Monday, February 21, 2011

It's been awhile

I've been working on making myself a craft room. My husband and I live in a large brick house built in 1882. The last year and a half we've only been using the 1st story of our house. We have about 1300 square feet, which is plenty for the two of us. When my girls were growing up, 4 bedrooms were perfect, since there are four of us, but now.... So, I couldn't figure out how to squeeze it in anywhere else, and we have 4 bedrooms not being used, so I've been lugging my craft supplies upstairs the last few weeks. I searched the internet for inspiration, found some awesome spaces, but I needed to create mine with very little to no cost.

Now, if you don't know me personally you have no idea that I'm always dragging discarded items home for future projects. I happened to have an antique kitchen table in my garage rafters. The top was waaayyy too small, but the legs worked just fine with a scrap piece of particle board attached it the top. I have come up with lots of similar ways to create storage without spending money. As soon as I finish, I'll post pictures.

Meanwhile, check out the folk art dragonflies I make out of repurposed "stuff".

I intend for my blog to highlight my found object dragonflies, projects etc. I hope you find something in the coming months that makes you smile.

Myra





2 comments:

Rachel said...

Looks good mom! Your dragonflies look really cute and show up good against all the flowers!

Lil Raggedy Angie said...

wow gotta spread the word , this blog is ADORABLE! and they wonder where we get it!